PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT
• Avoid blood-thinning medication 72 hours before your booking, including (aspirin, ibuprofen, Nurofen) and fish oil.
• DO NOT drink coffee or alcohol 24 hours before your appointment (this can cause excess bleeding and may affect your results).
• Cosmetic Botox or Filler should be done two weeks prior or two weeks after your appointment.
• Do not get your brows waxed, threaded or tinted one week before your appointment.
• Do not have tan two weeks prior or have a sunburnt face.
• You may come with how you usually draw in your brows, lips or eyeliner/ or bring photos and ideas of what you may like. Wearing makeup or not to your appointment is fine, I will cleanse the area before starting, measure and work with you to create the perfect shape.
• (LIPS) if you are prone to cold sores, we advise using anti-virals such as lysine tablets from the chemist or Zovirax.
• (EYES) Eyelash extensions must be removed before your appointment, eye contacts and any eye makeup.
• RELAX, it is normal to feel a little anxious. You will be in safe hands; most clients find it more comfortable than threading or waxing (some even fall asleep).
HEALING AND AFTERCARE
Immediately after the procedure, the brow area may feel tender and feel a little stinging; this will subside within 24 hours. Your brows will appear darker, bolder and more sharply defined for 2-3 days and you may experience some light scaling from day 3-7. Redness and swelling are minimal, and all of my clients go about their regular daily routine so, sit back, relax and enjoy your new brows!
You will be provided with aftercare cream that needs to be applied am/pm for seven days with a cotton tip.
(CAUTION) Only apply an extremely thin layer over the brow. If you have oily skin, there is no need to use the cream. I often customise the aftercare to each depending on their skin type; this will be discussed with you at your appointment.
Important info to remember:
• The procedure is a minimum two-step process; you will not have your final result after your first visit. In some cases, a third visit is required depending on your skin type/lifestyle.
• Patience is key! Your brows will change a lot from day to day during the healing phase. I will provide you with a day-by-day chart which will help you to understand the healing journey.
• Day 3-7 you will experience some light scaling, is it essential to NOT pick or touch your brows and let them fall off naturally.
• Oiler skin types tend to heal not as clean and crisp as someone with a normal to dry skin. We can discuss what brow tattoo will be best for your skin type on the day.
• If you bleed more, you may require an additional visit as blood pushes the pigment out while we tattoo.
• Once the brows have healed, and the flaking has stopped, the strokes will appear much lighter in colour, this is due to a fresh layer of skin that has healed over your brows. Trust the process; after a few weeks, they will come back clearer.
• The exact colour takes 6-8 weeks to become clear; you go through as I like to call it the ‘brow emotions’ During this process your brows will soften and lighten, the colour can fade up to 30% softer than the original colour. At your touch up visit, we can make any changes, fluffier, darker, bolder or keep them the same.
• Additional brow makeup may still be required to achieve your individual desired look.
During the healing process, please avoid the following:
• Direct water on the brow tattoo for ten days
• Application of brow makeup for ten days
• No exercise for ten days or sweating
• NO TOUCHING, scratching or picking the treated area
• Swimming pools, saunas, hot tubs for 14 days
• Fake tan or UV exposure/direct sunlight
• Facials and massages
• No exercise / sweating for seven days
LONG TERM CARE
• Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the brows as this will cause fading
• Do not laser or IPL your brow as this can change the colour of the pigment
• Sun exposure/tanning beds can rapidly cause fading and discolouration of the pigment. Once your brows are completely healed, ALWAYS apply SPF 50 on the brow area.
• Immediately after the procedure, your lips will be slightly swollen, tender and can feel like they are sunburnt.
• You will be provided with aftercare cream and will need to keep the lips consistently moist and hydrated. Do not use any lipstick or other lip balms until the full healing process is finished. If you let the lips dry out, they will become tight, and it can affect the end colour resulting in pigment coming out.
• Do not pick, touch or scratch the lips, applying the aftercare cream regularly will help with any flaking or dryness, and they can feel dry for up to 6 weeks.
• No direct water until the peeling has finished, drinking out of a straw is advised. Avoid hot or spicy foods for the first 24 hours.
• The healing process can take up to 7 days, and you can lose 50-80% of the colour after your first visit.